The NB-Rail Association is an international non-profit organization of the notified bodies for interoperability in the railway sector. The association is installed to support and to complement the activities of NB-Rail coordination group with activities not mandated in the mentioned basics.
NB-Rail is fully committed to:
- a Single European Railway Area conceived and built to a set of European requirements without any technical barriers
- a safe, fast and environmentally-friendly railway system that is competitive with other transport modes such as road, air and water
- an interoperable, Europe-wide, interconnected railway system providing free movement of rolling stock, goods and people, including those with reduced mobility
2. Mission and Objectives of NB-Rail
To achieve this, NB-Rail will:
- use its experience to contribute to achieving a harmonised European legislative framework that is easy and unambiguous to apply
- fully support the Railway Sector in achieving the best possible competitive advantage over other transport sectors
- fully support the role of Conformity Assessment Bodies in certifying products that are interoperable and safe
- advocate the benefits of third- party assessment to verify product safety
- co-operate closely with the European Institutions contributing to the evolution of European Railway Sector regulations
- cooperate closely with European and International Railway Sector stakeholders
- contribute to the harmonisation of the working methods and certification processes of the Conformity Assessment Bodies.